Had a rather large set of thunderstorms blow thru the area over the past few days, so this gives us our first chance to see how our rocks weathered thru the rough sea’s.
As was hopefull, most all of the rocks were in same condition as left originally. The visibility was rather poor at maybe 5′ at the most. We only found a couple of rocks that had become dislodged or moved, but neither were damaged. Since they had just moved down lower on the reef, we decided to leave them there and let them interact as naturally as possible.
On a visiual note; There is already tons of tubeworms growing thruout the lower rocks and even a few that are over a foot off the bottom that were attached to previous items and just continued to reach for the surface currents around the rocks.
Already have quite a bit of juvenile barnacle attachment and growth as well as a few shrimps and crabs noticed hiding and darting about. Seems that we already have a juvenile soapfish that has taken up habitat in one of the medium sized rocks with a cave like opening in it. He was rather territorial toward other fish, but would hide inside the rock when we approced too closely.
The osytercrete/aragocrete rocks are already showing twice the growth of some test granite, sandstone, and limestone rocks we added on the same dates to use as a comparison.
The granite is showing no growth or changes at all.
The sandstone as a few tubeworms attached and nothing else.
The limestone is only showing some slimey green algae growth like a surface skim on the rock.number of view: 348